Tourism development projects can take different shapes: hotel and lodge investments, hospitality training, tourism and transport infrastructure, destination and value chain development, community-based tourism, etc.
Some tourism development is planned in environmentally sensitive areas, or in regions with a history of conflict or social exclusion based on ethnicity, gender, religion or political affiliation.
TOURISMRESULTS can conduct feasibility studies and risk assessments of all kinds of tourism development projects, e.g.
- Ex-ante assessment of market, strategic direction, activity focus, stakeholder perceptions, etc.
- Assessment of location, physical infrastructure, government policy, land use planning, etc.
- Testing the viability and performance of projects, i.e. minimising the financial risks and unintended effects.
- Environmental and social impact assessments
- Conflict and gender analysis (e.g. “Do No Harm”).