The destination is the geographical place where tourists travel to for their vacation, event, visit or business trip. It is characterized by tourist attractions, infrastructure and a variety of tourism products and services within its boundaries.
Typically, destinations are defined as sub-national entities, but may also include entire countries or cross-border regions. Destination quality is essential for tourism prosperity.
TOURISMRESULTS can assist destination stakeholders with:
- Inventory of destination resources (attractions, infrastructure, tourism services, other services)
- Geo-mapping using GPS-based points of interests (attractions, tourism services and operators, infrastructure, suppliers, support agencies)
- Destination assessments based on GSTC criteria
- Visitor satisfaction surveys
- Creation of a destination development strategy
- Establishing a Destination Management Organisation (DMO)
- Destination branding and marketing